Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just reported "unbelievable news in the context of the Mumbai attacks" that an Air New Zealand Passenger Jet crashed in the Mediterranean Sea".

Are you kidding...terrorists targeting a jet carrying 7 people on a training mission. Thats what they were implying.

I thought better of this network...

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
It's quite possible they didn't know the entire story when they decided to report it. This happens all the time as the networks fight to break stories first. They're all guilty of it from time to time.

-spence

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
CNN anchor just said, "Its so difficult to tell who is who in India, they all seem to blend in." Now I know I may be a little left on the spectrum here at AAAC, and may feel news networks should work to be a little more PC, but this seems so ridiculously racist.

Almost reminds me of how Americans at the World's Fairs at the turn of the 20th century had Asians, Africans and Native Americans on display in their natural habitats like at a zoo.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
I have to say thought, last night while CNN was reporting breaking news from Mumbai with expert insight, Fox was running a "best of" Bill O'Reilly.

I like Fox but they can be a little silly sometimes.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Context?

-spence
Context of the comment was a discussion about preventative measures taken by Indian authorities compared to the same measures taken in the West.

·
Registered
778 Posts
CNN anchor just said, "Its so difficult to tell who is who in India, they all seem to blend in." Now I know I may be a little left on the spectrum here at AAAC, and may feel news networks should work to be a little more PC, but this seems so ridiculously racist.
But they do "all look blend in." Indian Muslims are from the same stock, and often the same towns, as Hindus.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.