Men's Clothing Forums banner

Do You Wear Your DJ Buttoned Or Unbuttoned?

• Buttoned

Votes: 22 61.1%
  • Unbuttoned

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • It Depends (Please Explain)

Votes: 9 25.0%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Then what is the point

of a vest/cummerbund? I almost always leave my DJ unbuttoned, I actually can't think of an instance where I have of my own accord buttoned the DJ. And the only time I recall buttoning it at someone's request was when our choir director had us all button our DJs for a specific concert.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
If worn with waistcoat/cummerbund (I'm not sure why it would be worn without either) then the jacket is left unbuttoned. There's no need to button since the waistcoat/cummerbund is covering the waist.

·
Registered
389 Posts
of a vest/cummerbund? I almost always leave my DJ unbuttoned, I actually can't think of an instance where I have of my own accord buttoned the DJ. And the only time I recall buttoning it at someone's request was when our choir director had us all button our DJs for a specific concert.
For when you unbutton it when you seat. That's why a DB one does not require a vest or cummerbund, since you leave it buttoned sitting or standing.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Depends . . .

. . . on whether I'm standing (buttoned) or sitting (SB: unbuttoned; DB: buttoned). Occasionally, when I want to put a hand in a pocket, I'll stand with a SB unbuttoned for that while, but never with a DB.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
It Depends (Please Explain)

...on whatever Sator says...

Seriously, I thought it was unbuttoned if SB and buttoned if DB (except if seated).

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Depends on how I feel and what I'm doing. I'd unbutton when dancing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.