Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello gentlemen, I own a very nice 2 x 6 db in navy blue of a very nice quality with silver buttons and I was wondering if i could replace the last button of the cuffs with rose-gold buttons of another db i loved that is now unfortunately unwearable. I really like the original buttons and I dont want to change them all, just one on each cuffs as a reminder, kind-of, to my beloved blazer.

Do you think this would be a mistake? I kinda see why it could look bad, as if I can't afford a whole set of buttons, or did not care and just told my tailor "meh just sew this one instead" when I had to replace a missing button. But all these reasons are merely prejudicial and are not related to style.

I think an established gentleman could do this without raising eyebrows but I am a young adult. "Fashion" wise, what do you think?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I think an established gentleman could do this without raising eyebrows but I am a young adult. "Fashion" wise, what do you think?
At best you'd look like an eccentric Upper Class Twit of the Year contestant. If you want to remember your old jacket without switching buttons completely, then use the jigger button, which only you will see.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.