Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Connoisseur - Moderator
9,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, they are perfect for the season and have made their place in history. (They won all four of their preseason games. I'm not a huge football fan, but do pay some attention (I usually know what their record is, etc.)

A lot of Michigan people were hoping that the embarrassment would make the Fords (team owners) introspective and interest William Clay Ford in changing his ways or possibily even selling the team, but alas, this is not to happen.

(Maybe we should organize a boycott and refuse to buy any Ford products in Michigan until William Clay sells the team.)

Sigh.

Sigh.

I actually was hoping to see history made now that they got this far. I do feel for the players and coaches. Mr. Ford stuck with Matt Millen for way too long (when he should not have hired someone with no experience in the first place.) This is our result.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Well, they are perfect for the season and have made their place in history. (They won all four of their preseason games. I'm not a huge football fan, but do pay some attention (I usually know what their record is, etc.)

A lot of Michigan people were hoping that the embarrassment would make the Fords (team owners) introspective and interest William Clay Ford in changing his ways or possibily even selling the team, but alas, this is not to happen.

(Maybe we should organize a boycott and refuse to buy any Ford products in Michigan until William Clay sells the team.)

Sigh.

Sigh.

I actually was hoping to see history made now that they got this far. I do feel for the players and coaches. Mr. Ford stuck with Matt Millen for way too long (when he should not have hired someone with no experience in the first place.) This is our result.
I feel for you. I was born in Ann Arbor, but grew up a Dallas Cowboy fan. I idolized players like Roger Staubach, Tony Dorsett and Danny White in the 70's and early 80's. All my older cousins were cowboy fans too, because Detroit had a bad team back then also. I root for them(on the down low) beacuse of the "home" state connection, but they really need to fire everyone and start fresh with good people next year.

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,088 Posts
...Mr. Ford stuck with Matt Millen for way too long (when he should not have hired someone with no experience in the first place.) This is our result.
It is hard to believe a guy like Matt Millen could play the way he did at Penn State, earn (I believe) three or four Super Bowl rings in the NFL and then...suck this badly when he moved into the management side of the house! In an odd sort of way, I feel your pain. But then, Hey...I've got my own pain...Da Bears! ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.