Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello gentlemen...I did do a search and found piles upon piles of Allen Edmond's threads, but nothing directly pertaining to my question. I apologize if this has been asked before.

I'd like to purchase some Allen Edmonds dress shoes. Unfortunately, due to my geographic location I can't try them on or get measured for lasts. They're sold in Tokyo and Osaka, both of which are too far for me to travel.

I have big feet...typically US size 12.5-13. They're quite flat and wider than average, although not overly so.

Is there any way I could measure myself and order online? I don't want to walk into a local shoe store, have them measure me and leave. Bad form, I think.

Thanks for any replies

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
Your foot measurement has utterly NO meaning or value to the good people at AE. You have a measured size of foot length and foot width. Each Last on which a shoe is built has a multiple of measurements that may, or may not work with your individual foot.
That is why I have a Park Avenue 11EEE a Hampstead in 11 1/2 EEE and an Alden in 11 1/2 EE. You have to go to the shoe. Put the shoe( s) on, frown, wince, smile. Buy one in the best fitting size for that last.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, unfortunately I don't. I have an odd job in that I spend half my time in Northern Japan and half my time in the South Pacific...nowhere near an Allen Edmond's retailer unfortunately. I guess I'll have to wait until the next time I'm in Tokyo

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
I don't know about shipping costs/return policy, but if you are willing to invest some time (and financial resources for every try), "mail order-try-return-repeat" may be an option.

·
Registered
595 Posts
My Park Avenues are 8E, my Hillcrests are 8D, and my Noorwalk are 81/2E. It's all kind of within a span of sizes, not one single size.

Also, as a person who sells shoes for a living, make sure you get dress shoes a little snug to begin with, but not painful. If they feel like sneakers right away, they will stretch out to become too big.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.