Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I hope it passes

Just the fact that they are contemplating something like this should be enough to show how bad an idea it is to let the Democrats control both the executive and the legislative branches.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Speaking of retirement plans - in the last elections, privatizing Social Security was a hot topic promoted by republics. They argued in favor of sending a chunk (an itti bitti portion to be given to the like of Mr. Richard Fuld Jr).
For some reason we don't hear this idea today. I wonder why...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Which is one reason it's not gonna happen. I agree that today's Dems have pronounced Leftist impulses, Obama included. But they are also pragmatists, and cooler heads will prevail. If I'm wrong -- and I don't think I am -- the Dems will pay a huge political price, and should.
Agreed. Similar to the result after the Assault Weapons Ban passed many moons ago. That weakened the Democrats and allowed the Republicans to regain control of Congress. Since then the Democrats have not been banging the gun control drum quite as loudly.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Speaking of retirement plans - in the last elections, privatizing Social Security was a hot topic promoted by republics. They argued in favor of sending a chunk (an itti bitti portion should have been given to the like of Mr. Richard Fuld Jr.
For some reason we don't hear this idea tody. I wonder why...
Early on in the Republican debates a number of the candidates were still beating this horse. Even John McCain talked about supporting it. Given his campaigns self destructive tendencies I expect to see him bring it up if he needs another nail in the coffin of his campaign. :crazy:

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
I've worked too hard and saved too much. I need the Dems to help me spread it around to "those behind me." I will only need to eat one meal a day when I retire anyway.

·
Honors Member<br>P-Bomb
7,066 Posts
Speaking of retirement plans - in the last elections, privatizing Social Security was a hot topic promoted by republics. They argued in favor of sending a chunk (an itti bitti portion to be given to the like of Mr. Richard Fuld Jr).
For some reason we don't hear this idea today. I wonder why...
I wonder why too. Putting 2% of my SS contributions in a private account is an excellent idea. If for no other reason, than if I died today, even with the market being down 43%, my family would still get that money vs. it being absorbed into the federal black hole. Gee, I can't see why big government types thought this was a bad idea.

As to the 401/403 conversation? Don't kid yourselves. They already made ROTHs illegal for many folks and traditional IRAs not even tax deductible. People only notice when it is their ox getting gored.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
I'm moving to Finland. I want my government to be honest when they're stealing my money.

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
I intend to have a period suit made by Matt Deckard. I've got the secret location of a '28 rattlebox owned by an old I.R.A. man in San Francisco.

Sadly, WAMU is already closed.

' Some people rob you with a sixgun, some with a fountain pen'- from Pretty Boy Floyd the Outlaw as sung by Pete Seeger

·
Registered
210 Posts
I wonder why too. Putting 2% of my SS contributions in a private account is an excellent idea. If for no other reason, than if I died today, even with the market being down 43%, my family would still get that money vs. it being absorbed into the federal black hole. Gee, I can't see why big government types thought this was a bad idea.
I guess the republican campaign thinks that it might not be such a great idea to remind Americans about. Maybe they know something...

·
Registered
3,969 Posts

As to the 401/403 conversation? Don't kid yourselves. They already made ROTHs illegal for many folks and traditional IRAs not even tax deductible. People only notice when it is their ox getting gored.
Your absolutely right. The Democrats think that all we should get is an allowance and nothing more, unless it be poverty. Which means we own nothing, but are slaves to the state.

From a free country to slavery we go. The brain dead always vote for less thinking they are voting for more.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.