Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
If you are talking about the stitching on the side, then that seems to be purely cosmetic. If this is the case I would feel okay about the purchase.

I cannot tell if something is going on at the interface between sole and leather. If this is a potential issue I would pass on them.

Good luck.

·
Registered
384 Posts
The above answer makes me wonder if I'm seeing things which aren't there, but to me it appears perfectly obvious that the upper is not in any way fastened or connected to the welt. Looking closely (or hallucinating badly) at an enlarged picture I can easily make out empty needle holes and remnants of thread.

Assuming no hallucinations then, it would be safe to say that the picture illustrates what can only be classed as a catastrophic flaw in a pair of shoes which ought not to be sold at all.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
The above answer makes me wonder if I'm seeing things which aren't there, but to me it appears perfectly obvious that the upper is not in any way fastened or connected to the welt. Looking closely (or hallucinating badly) at an enlarged picture I can easily make out empty needle holes and remnants of thread.

Assuming no hallucinations then, it would be safe to say that the picture illustrates what can only be classed as a catastrophic flaw in a pair of shoes which ought not to be sold at all.
Upon second look you may be correct. If we are seeing this correctly it is difficult to believe that a quality control process exists at all.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I have to say I find the displays of uncertainty most puzzling.

If you look at the shoe above the triple stitching, the welt stitches can be clearly seen and everything appears as it ought to. Below the triple stitching the upper bellows outwards, clearly unconnected to the welt or sole, while in the lower part of the picture a proper welt seam once again makes an appearance. Added to this there are the aforementioned remnants of thread and needle holes with no thread at all.

If could scarcely be much clearer I feel. That a shoe in such an abysmal state is able to escape notice and the factory really is beyond comprehension.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.