Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Tech and Business Advice Guru
6,643 Posts
I know of no RTW shirtmaker who makes what you seek. You should get in touch with Charles Nakle. PM Sator for his contact information.

· Tech and Business Advice Guru
6,643 Posts
The best shirtmakers - certainly not Tyrwhitt or Lewin - make a narrower cuff with rounded edges so they wont catch on your jacket as you move your arms. A deeper cuff would be more likely to catch and get in the way of any gusset button.Since you can only see a 1/2" of cuff when the jacket sleeve is properly adjusted, what's the purpose? If you are wearing French cuffs sans jacket, you are certainly in the minority.
I make them quite frequently. They are a style choice which a number of clients prefer. Back in the "old days" (when I was in my 30's), French cuffs with showing flaps of 3 3/4" - 4" were not uncommon.

The purpose, to answer your question, is style preference. Style is not solely what is viewed by others.

Also, the longer the cuff, the less likely it is to catch on your jacket when you raise your arms or look at your watch for the simple reason that the additional length makes it less likely the cuff will come out of the jacket sleeve.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.