Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

First off, I would like to commend everyone involved on a wonderful website and forum. I randomly stumbled onto here courtesy of Google at about 6:00 yesterday evening. Next thing I know, I have Andy’s CD in the mail, it is 11:00 pm and I have unwittingly missed dinner. On the whole, an incredibly interesting read…

Now, onto my question. I had recently met a friend who wearing his new d’Avenza jacket made of the most jaw-droppingly gorgeous, jet-black cashmere. Suffice to say, it has made me itch for something similar, moreover so since I will get to spend some time in Milan (where I understand they have one of their showrooms) in a couple weeks time. I was thus wondering if anyone here had any prior experience (good or bad) with them? I suppose I could just wait and see, but I hate going anywhere cold-turkey. Hence, any comments would be sincerely appreciated.

Somewhat tangentially, I had always believed that wearing carefully-controlled amounts of a good fragrance (as opposed to taking a bath in “Studlyâ€) was integral to being well-dressed. Providing a more holistic appeal to the senses, if you will… However, not long ago I had a discussion with a person who was convinced that wearing a fragrance was always frivolous and coarse. Indeed, this is partially mirrored on this forum with (if memory serves) crs forbidding cologne as one of his Ten Commandments. Now, I understand that you have recently had a big discussion on the issue, which I would be very interested to read. However, I seem unable to find the relevant thread. So if someone could point me in the right direction (or, if the thread was deleted, provide an executive summary), I would be much obliged.

Best,

Andrew

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.