Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If a guy is invited to a wedding and is bringing a date, is it proper protocol to put her name on the gift? This is not a question about who pays as its obviously me since I was the one the wedding party invited. But I asked her to be my date and don't know if its presumptious to put her name on the gift or rude to leave her name off.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
If the people who invited you to the wedding know your date, and invited you as a couple, you put her name on it.

If the people who invited you to the wedding don't know your date, and invited you as "Mr. Scrier and guest," then you don't.

If the people who invited you made no indication that you're supposed to bring a date, and the invitation was addressed just to you, your date sits at home and you go to the wedding by yourself. You don't invite people to other people's events.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
If the people who invited you to the wedding know your date, and invited you as a couple, you put her name on it.

If the people who invited you to the wedding don't know your date, and invited you as "Mr. Scrier and guest," then you don't.

If the people who invited you made no indication that you're supposed to bring a date, and the invitation was addressed just to you, your date sits at home and you go to the wedding by yourself. You don't invite people to other people's events.
That's right on. In fact, that sounds almost word for word out of Post's Guide to Proper Wedding Etiquette.

·
Registered
913 Posts

Well said!

·
Registered
1,563 Posts

Perfect.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.