Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
BB brain

Just checking BB, all lapels were about 1/3 narrower than those pictured. So they look a little "dated" now, but who knows, in 3-5 years they might just be right in style:icon_smile_big:

·
Registered
298 Posts
Just checking BB, all lapels were about 1/3 narrower than those pictured. So they look a little "dated" now, but who knows, in 3-5 years they might just be right in style:icon_smile_big:
I agree,look at how the wide and narrow ties go in and out of style every few years or so.If you already own the jacket,dont wear it but dont get rid of it.
Cosmo:drunken_smilie:

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Is that current?? Looks like 1974-8 to me.

I don't think it looks bad at all, but I probably wouldn't wear it. If you dress it conservatively it looks better. If you use some bright shirt/tie combo you'll start to look disco.

·
Registered
8,536 Posts
With those wide lapels, that suit jacket looks like it's from the 70's. But the high lapel gorge is like what you see on todays jackets. I like the high gorge myself, as it gives the wearer a little height. Unlike most modern jackets, the waist button on this one appears to be at the proper height. Nowadays you'll find too many jackets that place the waist button up at the sternum.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
hOW WIDE are those lapels? They look like five inches. They may look good on you. One of the things a man has to decide is do I follow fashion, or do I wear what looks good on me....proportionate to my stature etc. Flusser seems to advocate the latter in his book. Are four inch lapels still okay? How about four and a quarter inches? I know new suits by some companies are coming out with three or three and a quarter right now. I don't know that they have discontinued all models having a 4 inch lapel. I think those have been around since 1990. Just some thoughts on this lapel business. I sure hope these changes are not being made so our apparel looks outdated and we feel intimidated,and go out and buy more.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Wow, way to counter the skinny lapel look that is going around these days. I can see this coming into play once the skinny look is out.
It is only a matter of time. The skinny lapels have been waxing the past two years, they'll probably soon begin to wane.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
It is only a matter of time. The skinny lapels have been waxing the past two years, they'll probably soon begin to wane.
With this economy I have the strange feeling we will be looking to simpler things for reinforcement, as a society, and it is sort of mirroring the 70's economic plunges. Expect something zany to entertain us as a culture within the next years: something that won't be confined to deep urban trenches and runways.

*shudders*

I just envisioned those baby blue tuxedos with ruffles and all that dark trim.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.