Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
The 405 boots on Alden's website has listed "Dark Brown" as the color as long as I can remember (well over a year). However, the boots are the standard brick/brown color. I cleared this up the with the folks at Alden last year when I purchased a pair of Indys from ShoeMart.

The only darker brown Indys that I am aware of are offered by:

Leather Soul

Adventurebilt

I believe Leather Soul and Alden of Carmel also offered Cigar shell cordovan Indys in the past. Alden of Carmel also offers a rugged oiled Indy with a Vibram lug sole.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Was just at the Alden web site, and saw that they have a dark brown Indy Boot listed. Are these a recent offering, and has anyone seen them in person? They look much darker than the brown waxhide, which is listed at most other sites.
Interesting. FWIW, I clicked on the link and it appeared black to my eye.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The 405 boots on Alden's website has listed "Dark Brown" as the color as long as I can remember (well over a year). However, the boots are the standard brick/brown color. I cleared this up the with the folks at Alden last year when I purchased a pair of Indys from ShoeMart.

The only darker brown Indys that I am aware of are offered by:

Leather Soul

Adventurebilt

I believe Leather Soul and Alden of Carmel also offered Cigar shell cordovan Indys in the past. Alden of Carmel also offers a rugged oiled Indy with a Vibram lug sole.
Thanks for the info - good to know.

Interesting. FWIW, I clicked on the link and it appeared black to my eye.
Yeah, it does kind of look black.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hoboken to Madison @44th

Where you'll find the Alden Store. I only saw the "Pumpkin" Indy model a few months ago when I tried on some shoes. But just before Christmas I noticed strap & buckle boots that haven't been available for some time, so a run of all sorts of boots may have been done. As I recall, the Indy boot was scheduled for a general run in black and possibly another color sometime after Indy IV was released.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.