Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For many years I was a customer of Peter Field (English Custom Tailor) in Washington D.C. He was a gentleman and friend. I moved to Dallas a few years ago, return to Washington seldom and learned only recently that Peter has passed on. I am in present need of some suits and have thought to call William his son, who has taken over his father's shop. I have so far refrained until I decide whether the logistics would be at all manageable, and have wondered in the meantime whether there may be someone in Dallas of similar ability, temperament and style, who by comparison could offer the ease of convenience and proximity. Should anyone know such a man and be able to direct me, I'd be most grateful. I'll appreciate any observation or direction. Many thanks.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
The only bespoke tailor worth his weight and then some in Dallas is Chris Despos. While Chris has moved the bulk of his operation to Chicago, beautiful store, he travels to Dallas once or twice a month. If you email me I can forward his information.

·
Banned
11 Posts
I live in FL and visit Dallas and Chicago 2 to 6 times per year and have rarely had trouble hooking up w/ Chris Despos. I can't imagine how much I would spend w/ him if I lived in Dallas or Chicago. He couldn't be a nicer guy and a better tailor. My wife has gone so far as to say that I am not to buy any clothes except from Chris. If you are serious about establishing a relationship w/ Chris then I would look to make a trip to Chicago sometime just to see his store, he also makes a mean espresso. Feel free to contact me if I can help, [email protected], and best of luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.