Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen:

Greetings, I am a new menber to the forum. It is very nice meet all you. Can you please assist me? I am looking for a particular cutaway collar shirt. It can best be described as a "cutaway" collar shirt that is approximately 90 degrees (horizonal) in appearance when viewed from a distance. The best representation of this shirt collar is the Ralph Lauren Purple Lable Cutaway Collar Shirt. My question is, what other shirt organization makers this type of collar on a shirt. Three hundred dollars per shirt seems extreme. If no other company makes this shirt with the 90 degree collar angle, who is the best bespoke clothier to make this shirt for me. Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Eugene

Gentlemen:

Greetings, I am a new menber to the forum. It is very nice meet all you. Can you please assist me? I am looking for a particular cutaway collar shirt. It can best be described as a "cutaway" collar shirt that is approximately 90 degrees (horizonal) in appearance when viewed from a distance. The best representation of this shirt collar is the Ralph Lauren Purple Lable Cutaway Collar Shirt. My question is, what other shirt organization makers this type of collar on a shirt. Three hundred dollars per shirt seems extreme. If no other company makes this shirt with the 90 degree collar angle, who is the best bespoke clothier to make this shirt for me. Thanks
I remembered there were some replies to this topic.. but apparently not.. and I wanted to check out the answers again.. bummer

·
Registered
519 Posts
Sorry I missed you on Friday Vettriano man with Richard. How was the exhibition?

Our cutaway is more extreme, and thus called the extreme. It is not an average collar shall we say. Eugene will be able to find what he is looking for at the lower price point with most Jermyn street ecommerce shops. The collar he is after is less spread than our extreme.

·
Registered
494 Posts
The Vettriano was interesting and we were privileged to get a preview, but it was all sold out so Bracemaker and I were disappointed! I went past your new shop and saw that you are fortunate to have an eminent Dame of the realm as your neighbour! I look forward to meeting you for the first time, soon I hope.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Polo's somewhat rare current version is labeled "English Custom Fit" below the Polo label and retails @ $125 up. It has a narrower collar band than the Purple Label version "Keaton" shirt (around $300) that is viewable on the website in the Purple Label shirt section. Click here > www.polo.com

Southern Semi-literate Rural Rustic Cou Rouge
new clothing deals by jamgood currently on ebay, click here>https://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZjamgoodQQhtZ-!

·
Registered
519 Posts
Vettriano man. Yes, Viv is our neighbour. Never seen her in the flesh yet.
Email me, and you can come by and have a preview.

·
Registered
12 Posts
quote:Originally posted by udeshi

Sorry I missed you on Friday Vettriano man with Richard. How was the exhibition?

Our cutaway is more extreme, and thus called the extreme. It is not an average collar shall we say. Eugene will be able to find what he is looking for at the lower price point with most Jermyn street ecommerce shops. The collar he is after is less spread than our extreme.
I also remember Eugene mailing me some pics of your shirts. The shirt above in this topic, is that the one where the points aren't that pointy or is this the one we can also see on bestofbritishshirts (I doubt)..

·
Registered
519 Posts
Wolfheart22 The one Eugene is after in this email is not the extreme. He is after something less spread on this ocassion I believe, a regular cutaway. On www.bestofbritishshirts.com Alister has the Extreme, Moore and Connery collared shirts. Our regular cutaway is the Moore - which is this one

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I love the Keaton RLPL as well. But $325.00 for non-bespoke seems high. I took one of my Keatons into my shirt shop in Phoenix (Moda Georgio)and had the collar copied then proceeded to have a bespoke series made. Came out nicely. Starting price for pin point $150.00; higher range...$225 to $275.00 depending on the shirting fabric. Ready to put 2 bengal stripes and a couple of linens in the hopper (french cuff, MOP buttons, Keaton collar).

TPS

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hello Wolfheart:

During a recent trip to London, I attempted to schedule an appointment with Oscar Udeshi to purchase a couple of his No. 1, 2, and 3 Cutaway Collar Shirts at his office location. Unfortunately, due to schedule conflicts, we were not able to connect during my recent visit.

However, I was able to find a rather nice Cutaway Collar alternative at Crombie for a considerbly less price point. If you have time, check out Crombie's online website for cutaway collar shirts. Crombie's collar styling and quality of merchandise is excellent. I have several trips to London scheduled during the summer and hope to schedule an appointment with Udeshi an order a couple of shirts. Hope this helps.

Eugene

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.