Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get slim-fitting trousers and figure it would be cheaper to go custom instead of paying $400+ for RLBL, Borelli, Barba, etc. I have a 30" waist and I'm wondering what would be the measurements that would make it look like the brands I mentioned.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
I'm wondering what would be the measurements that would make it look like the brands I mentioned.
That does not make sense. You just really want a quality pair of trousers that fit well.

1. Decide what the trousers will be for, type of events, how often you will wear them
2. Decide on the style
3. Get measured up by the custom tailor
4. Choose a suitable fabric

·
Registered
66 Posts
My experience over the years says pants that fit well will always look elegant and expensive. I've seen some very pricey clothing that was cheapened in appearance by bad fit/poor tailoring.

If you're looking for a particular "look", the brands you mentioned all have a variety of rises, tapers, etc available.

Fit is the key to great clothing.

·
Registered
816 Posts
There are no standard set of measurements for slim-fitting pants for a 30 inch waist. 2 people can have a 30 inch waist, but need totally different fitting pants due to other factors. It depends on your torso, size of your legs, and just how slim you want them. Your best bet is to go to a tailor and get measured and tell him how you want your pants to fit.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I had a couple of pairs slack made by a now-retired tailor in
San Francisco about ten years ago. Yes, they do fit perfectly.
And, more important to me, they reflect certain details copied
from several of my favorite slacks purchased in Europe years
before. At the time, the price was around $400 per pair from
a "no-name" tailor.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I had a couple of pairs slack made by a now-retired tailor in
San Francisco about ten years ago. Yes, they do fit perfectly.
And, more important to me, they reflect certain details copied
from several of my favorite slacks purchased in Europe years
before. At the time, the price was around $400 per pair from
a "no-name" tailor.
Agreed... I am almost positive it would be cheaper to purchase the pants you like and have them altered, if necessary. If going custom were cheaper, I do believe we'd all be running around in bespoke :-\

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.