Men's Clothing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't found anyone in St. Louis making custom shirts in house, but have found several tailors with third party custom shirt programs. If anyone can recommend a local shirtmaker I'm all ears. Beyond that, I have a few questions on my findings.

Thomas Mason - Shirtmaker or fabric source? Quality of shirt / fabrics? Referred to on fabric card swatches, but no reference to shirt vs fabric.

Holland & Sherry - Mentioned as fabric supplier for an English "Bespoke Collection" custom shirt program. Same questions as Mason.

Skip Gambert & Associates vs. L. Gambert LLC - Both based in NJ. Are they one in the same separate entities? Any opinions on quality relative to each other or vs. the others listed here?

Measure Up / Custom Shirtmakers Ltd - Based in Lafayette, TN. Opinions on shirt quality?

As a frame of reference, I'm slowly working my way through various RTW, semi-custom, and now custom shirts. I've been happy with my older Pink's but have to admit my recent purchases have been lacking. My CT shirts seem to offer the best value to me when 50% off with slightly better construction than Pink. I've tried Ike Behar both RTW and their CEO line, preferring the semi-custom options of the CEO. Robert Talbott semi-custom offerings are probably the best shirts in my closet. Charvet... happened upon one in my size at the last Last Call and not all that impressed. Have yet to try any of DukeGrad's favorites b/c if they require any alterations at all, they approach the cost of the local custom offerings and would rather get it done right the first time then have a third party retrofit. Not to say I won't try some of them later.

Thanks in advance!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.