Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was watching Wealth TV the other day and a travel feature gave a tour of a small shop in Rome that makes custom neckties. You pick the silk bolt and the owner makes it right there for you. The program mentioned the name of the shop, but I missed it. Does anyone have any idea what this place is called?

Bespoke Trout

·
Registered
158 Posts
I was watching Wealth TV the other day and a travel feature gave a tour of a small shop in Rome that makes custom neckties. You pick the silk bolt and the owner makes it right there for you. The program mentioned the name of the shop, but I missed it. Does anyone have any idea what this place is called?

Bespoke Trout
There is a place in trastevere called "la cravatta su misura" or similar that I've checked out before after seeing an article. Not sure if this is what u r after as I don't watch wealth tv (pause 2 bite tongue) but they had clearly tried to get media coverage before...I didn't think the place worth it as prices/constructipn/silk/etc weren't anything special. I'm not 2.5meters tall either so I don't need it or anything - it might b a good choice in that case.

If u r in rome (or anywhere in italy) and want special ties there r better spots. Full disclosure: I buy a lot of bespoke in rome, but 95pct of my ties come from end-of-season sales/discount places. So you know where in coming from here.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. I don't watch a lot of Wealth TV either, but I was surfing and the shop caught my eye. I do a lot of bespoke too, but I'm with you on the ties--I typically get good ones on sale. You can usually do it for less than US$100.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.