Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
151 Posts
Any decent tailor will make adjustments with each fitting, sometimes all the way to the end. The problem isn't that it needed adjustment, but that the tailor didn't seem to recognize that it needed it. How many fittings did you go to before he felt it was finished? There's no magic number--you go to as many fittings for adjustments as necessary. Sometimes it's three, sometimes it's six. As long as you're satisfied with the finished product. If I may ask, what city was this tailor located in?

BT

· Registered
151 Posts
kevin310 - i was measured and then I went back to try the pants when they were finished. When I tried the jacket on, it was not yet completed, but the tailor needed to make some adjustments. Today was the third time i went back. As I stated, my expectations were surpassed, given how much he charged me. I would have been satisfied with the jacket the way it was (as I was expecting much worse), but it seemed like such a simple thing to do to make it perfect. I just hope the alterations do not compromise the integrity of the jacket. I might post photos when I get it back for suggestions.

bespoke trout
Los angeles. But when you go back for the fittings (whether 2, or 3+), with suits, is it better for the tailor to alter a mock-up version (with true bespoke) of the jacket rather than make adjustments/alterations to the actual jacket. Because it seems to me like the latter is akin to buying OTR and then just having a tailor alter it. Thanks for reading:icon_smile:
I've never had a tailor use a mock up; different fabrics hang differently, depending on weight. As a result, adjusting a heavy flannel, for example, might produce different results from a gaberdine or worsted. Adjusting the one you're actually going to wear shouldn't be a problem. In any case, I hope the responses here reassure you that these return visits are expected and normal. If I may ask, how much did you end up paying for the suit?

BT

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.