Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Aficianado
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I'm having a dinner jacket made,I thought that I may as well go ahead and get a shirt made to accompany it.I was thinking of a marcella bib front,turndown collar and single cuffs (or would double be more appropriate?).I was also thinking if having the front of the shirt made to accomodate only one stud,but with my height (6'4"),I fear I may need two.How does it sound?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I would go with double cuffs on the shirt. You don't mention if the DJ will be single or double breasted and if DB will it be 2 to button or (shudder) 1.

If SB you will be happy with 2 stud holes. If DB you may be able to get by with 1. If the shirt were to have a detached wing collar and heavily starched stiff fronted bib 1 would be ideal and cuffs single. Course I know you know this...just saying.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Since I'm having a dinner jacket made,I thought that I may as well go ahead and get a shirt made to accompany it.I was thinking of a marcella bib front,turndown collar and single cuffs (or would double be more appropriate?).I was also thinking if having the front of the shirt made to accomodate only one stud,but with my height (6'4"),I fear I may need two.How does it sound?
I take it you really mean a semi-formal shirt if you're going with a turndown collar. Since it's going to be custom, you could go with a detachable collar with single cuffs which would allow it to use either wing or turndown collar, allowing it to be used for both formal and semi-formal events.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I would have to say that the Brooks Brothers neck-band formal shirt is the best. It does have 3 studs and a button but so what. You'll have the choice of wearing a Grafton wing collar or a Cameron turned down collar as I believe you like detachable ones.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.