Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few questions as I've not purchased a Press suit in 3-4 years.

Can anyone share the basic differences in the three lines carried by Press? I have some older suits from the Pressidential and Presstige lines that I wear, but don't love as I think the shoulders have too much padding.

I like the 3 btn navy flanel suit in their Pressclusive line, but wonder about the quality at that price point. Thoughts? Additionally, I'm curious about some of their two button models. I know many cringe at the thought, but I'm 6'1", weigh 173 and wear a 42L and some of their 3 btn models are just too full for my frame.

Any insight would be most appreciated.

Regards,
asf

· Registered
225 Posts
Wear Nothing that Doesn't Flatter

Heaven forbid you would choose not to wear something that doesn't look good on you! Go to Press and try on a few things. I'm an admirer of their 2-button offerings and have been since freshman year. And I do have and wear the sack models as well. If you're not built like Pee Wee Herman or, perhaps Orson Welles, the sack isn't the first or best choice. Of course EVERYONE can wear one as the Fundies here say -- but a Gorilla can wear a tutu. Is it an appropriate choice?

· Registered
1,346 Posts
You can use the search function and find out a lot about this topic. I will try to give a summary of the information I know. The Pressclusive line is made by S. Cohen in Canada and has the button stance and style of Ivy League suits but has more of a modern shoulder. Usually half of the Presstige suits are also made by S. Cohen and the other half are made by Southwick. The Pressidential suits are all made by Southwick and have natural shoulders with finer fabrics. The Cohen suits will be fused while the Southwick ones will most likely be half canvassed. Anything that says Made in USA is made by Southwick and will probably have a natural shoulder.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.