Men's Clothing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I quite enjoy cufflinks and have been encountering diverging views and have had my thoughts changing daily. I tried searching, but it became a bit overwhelming to find the answers for which I was looking.

I have read that cufflinks are considered an article of mens jewelry, and, as such, can be very individualized and show a mans personality. How far does this extend? I work in marketing and know I have a bit more leeway, but I'm looking for the more Jeeves position and not the "anything goes" found so often today. I'm going to lay out three scenarios:

these approach my ideal in being both truth and humor.

I know I wouldn't wear them with a client, but at the office?

And what about wearing ones that relate to a client, say these,
if I were to call on a construction firm. I look at these as a way to subtly recognize my client.

And last, is the above out entirely as all the working and pattern ones (clocks, flags, etc) just cheesy?

Next does anyone make current double sided links (especially flag or animal) that are not fully formal, or a ripoff thereof, for a reasonable price? Is vintage my best option here?

Last is silk knots, I've fallen in love with them. Should I observe any customs specific to them? I think I've seen other members state that they are less formal. Is that true?

thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.