Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it's happening again.

It started a week ago. When using my iPad Pro the site would freeze for a few seconds before becoming responsive. Then it progressed to crashing after a few temporary freezes. By yesterday it progressed to loading the opening page in a frozen form then after 30 seconds or so the site will crash completely. After two crashes it will not load at all and display a message in grey stating the site has repeatedly crashed.

I have done hard and soft reboots. Cleared the browser history, tried with pop up blockers both on and off. Have tried blocking cookies and unblocking cookies both with every permutation of pop up blockers on and off, and clearing caches and memory.

It is as of yesterday, beginning to occur on my iPhone 6. Still in the temporary page freezing stage. It is like a disease that is spreading from device to device and getting progressively worse on each device day by day.

I can no longer use my iPad and the phone is getting annoying. I will soon be relegated to my Mac only. When it goes, I will be totally blocked. This is the only website displaying this behavior.

Please help me while there is still time. I have just barely been able to complete this SOS on my phone.

If You don't hear from me again, you'll know why.

·
Registered
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The phone is now dead to this site. Opening AAAC causes instant freezing of the entire phone. The safari browser must be hard turned off to restore phone function.
I am afraid this MAC is next. I will not attempt to open AAAC on this MAC anymore after this distress call.

Anyone who can help please contact me via email.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I run Noscript on my browser and the site freezes, the browser stops responding, then Noscript pops up and says one of the scripts on the site has caused an issue. Noscript then gives me the option to halt that script and continue loading the site, which I do. It happens often but not every time so I'm guessing there is an ad that has a script with issues. Since the ads rotate the bad actor is probably there most of the time but not always.

One of my options is to debug the script and I could copy/paste that to the site admin if he wants.

·
Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
Sorry for all your difficulty. AAAC would be a much poorer place without your participation.

Afraid my I.T. acumen is insufficient to suggest a cause and remedy. Personally I'm running on a desktop with Windows 10 and use Google Chrome as a browser with Ad Blocker Plus.

I know that prior to switching to Chrome and adding Ad Blocker, I experienced similar problems with the old AAAC site. No problems since.

Evidently, the problem then was some of the ad content, so it is very possible, as suggested, that may be at the root of your current problem.

·
Partner / Administrator
1,798 Posts
@momsdoc @SG_67 - More than likely, as @winghus mentioned, it's likely that one of the rotating ads being served is causing the issue, with it only surfacing on some Apple products.

The trick is to figure out which one is causing it, and make sure we work with our partners to see how to resolve it.

@momsdoc - it sounds like it's happening for you on both iphone & iPad, which is a little strange because those devices serve different versions of the forum, each having different ads.

@SG_67 - are you having the problem on iphone, iPad, or both?

For us to diagnose and resolve the issue, we'll need to work with you two privately to see if we can collect some information and do some investigation.

@Todo10 - lets see what we can do to resolve.

·
Registered
14,999 Posts
@momsdoc @SG_67 - More than likely, as @winghus mentioned, it's likely that one of the rotating ads being served is causing the issue, with it only surfacing on some Apple products.

The trick is to figure out which one is causing it, and make sure we work with our partners to see how to resolve it.

@momsdoc - it sounds like it's happening for you on both iphone & iPad, which is a little strange because those devices serve different versions of the forum, each having different ads.

@SG_67 - are you having the problem on iphone, iPad, or both?

For us to diagnose and resolve the issue, we'll need to work with you two privately to see if we can collect some information and do some investigation.

@Todo10 - lets see what we can do to resolve.
iPhone.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I had this issue for about two weeks, it was the banners that refresh periodically. Affected my ipad mini on both IOS 10.x.x and the most current IOS11. Browsing the site was impossible as it would completely lock up Safari every 20-30 seconds. I had to resort to an adblocking app until it’s corrected. I will turn it off and see if the site is still locking up Safari.

·
Registered
120 Posts
After roughly 10minutes with it disabled there were three different banner ads which consistently locked up Safari; Natty Shirts, Custom Shirts 1 and iShoes by iTailor. Through numerous hard refreshes, those were the culprits I came across, several other banners had no effect on performance. Please keep this updated so I can whitelist the ads again for this site.

·
Partner / Administrator
1,798 Posts
@smmrfld @momsdoc @winghus

Would any of you be willing to do some testing with me? I'd like to see if we can figure out the root cause -- instead of masking the problem by turning off the ads for certain users.

@John inSC
The ads you mention are primarily visible on desktop, in the right sidebar. What left you with the impression that those image-based ads were creating an issue for you? Since you said you were using Safari, I'm assuming you were viewing from a Mac desktop/laptop?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Product Font Screenshot Line Software
@smmrfld @momsdoc @winghus

Would any of you be willing to do some testing with me? I'd like to see if we can figure out the root cause -- instead of masking the problem by turning off the ads for certain users.

@John inSC
The ads you mention are primarily visible on desktop, in the right sidebar. What left you with the impression that those image-based ads were creating an issue for you? Since you said you were using Safari, I'm assuming you were viewing from a Mac desktop/laptop?
Viewing the website through Safari on ipad mini, the above ads I mentioned show up at the top of the screen under the Ask Andy banner.

Whenever those ads would cycle through it would lock up the browser.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.