Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw these in Costco today for $50 a pair. They are pleated and cuffed, a light weight wool gabardine made in Italy of Italian fabric. The quality is really good for $50. I never expected to write about clothes in Costco here but if someone is looking for bargain slacks these are about as good as it gets.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I agree. I have three pairs. Roughly on par with BB. They also have a rubber "shirt keeper" band around the waist which helps keep your shirt from slipping out.

I will definitely buy more.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I buy underwear and workout clothes from Costco. Can't quite get my head around the idea of buying dress pants. I saw them folded on the table the other day, but couldn't bring myself to look closer for fear that someone might see me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree with you, Andy. They have that typical "crotch fan-shaped" wrinkle pattern after wearing a while. I have not found any lightweight pants that do not do that, but would love to hear if there is such a thing. Heavier weight wool flannels do not have the same issue, of course.

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
36,801 Posts
Having purchased a pair of Costco's wool gab trousersabout three years back, I can tell you, based on a sample size of one, they hold up to moderate wear quite nicely and do seem a good value, for the money spent! Now if they just offered plain front versions, perhaps I would add to my inventory. :(

·
Registered
224 Posts
I checked the Garbardine pants in Costco this past weekend, they had some nice pants I wanted. But wasn't sure if it holds up good. These were Made in Mexico and sell for $40 a pair.

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
36,801 Posts
^^

I purchased two pair (one grey and one khaki) several years back (three, I think). Having seen quite a lot of wear to this point, they seem to be holding up quite well...a very good value in my estimation.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Over the years, CostCo has had a couple of different makers of these pants. They used to have a Made-in-Italy label, but now the label says Made-in-Mexico. I could not ell much of a difference. In my experience, the pants tend to be large in the rear, crotch and legs. I've had to take them for alterations at about $20 a pop. So, for me, the total cost is about $70 a pair. I have four pairs that are serviceable, but not what I wear to something important. Overall, it's a fairly good deal.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.