Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Gentlemen I am new to this forum.
I have a quick question.

When one is wearing a navy or charcoal suit to an evening event, should you wear a black bow tie? If not, what tie should be worn?

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
No.

Anything else that doesn't clash with a white shirt should be OK.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have a quick question.

When one is wearing a navy or charcoal suit to an evening event, should you wear a black bow tie? If not, what tie should be worn?
Sometimes I like to wear a charcoal suit with a black necktie to evening events that don't quite call for a tux, but still allow a bit of formality.

I wouldn't wear a black bow though

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I have a quick question.

Dig around the forum a bit with the search function, there is plenty of info out there...

·
Site Creator
11,756 Posts
Dr. Watson:

Welcome.

It depends on the "Dress Code" for the evening's event.

If it's black tie then you need a dinner jacket (tuxedo) and a black bow tie in addition to all the other accessories.

If it's an informal event, then a dark suit and non-button down collar shirt with a nice tie (the tie doesn't have to be dark!).

Review this article linked from the Home Page:

·
Registered
754 Posts
...When one is wearing a navy or charcoal suit to an evening event, should you wear a black bow tie? If not, what tie should be worn?
Just to make sure it isn't lost in translation, not only do you not have to wear a black bow with a charcoal/navy suit, you should not wear a black tie with a charcoal/navy suit, unless you are carrying the casket or are Anderson Cooper.

tjs

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.