Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I ordered a pair of opera pumps from Charles Gale a few weeks ago and not giving too much thought to it I ordered them with a quilted lining. Recently I read that the ideal lining for opera pumps is red leather. Now I believe Gale's pumps are only made with black leather if leather is requested, but I think it may be too late to have the order changed. So, what sins have I committed if any, and if that is the case what can I do about it?

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
^

+1. Anyhow are you referring to leather opera pumps or velvet pumps (Albert Slippers)? Around this forum I haven't seen a whole lot of discussion about leather pumps although I know that they exist. I do see a lot of discussion about velvet pumps/Albert Slippers, however. From what I've seen - almost all Albert Slippers have a quilted lining.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I thought quilted and usually red was the standard but looking at the picture it looks fine to me, the black is striking and as was mentioned, you will be the only one to see the lining since your feet will be in them while in public. Dont worry about it.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Andy sez . . .

. . . nothing in the EOMC about the lining for formal pumps, but the picture accompanying the discussion shows pumps lined in red leather.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Charles Gale opera pumps are made by Bowhill & Elliott who also get somebody else to make them for them,
www.broadlandslippers.co.uk will make them with several different coloured leather or quilt linings, plain calf uppers instead of patent is also available with flat or pinched bow's.
Thanks for the link shoemaker. I had not heard of this company before - do they make for others as well as B&E? Interesting when I enquired a few months ago of B&E about a calf pump with flat bow and they said they were not sure about it.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.