Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been intrigued by a sport coat made by Corneliani or Corneliani ID (not sure which brand) -- the one with the working buttons up the lapel and the zip out faux-sweater. Here's a link to a picture and description of a similar jacket:

https://patrickjames.com/product.aspx...uct=1852BLAC50

I know there are mixed opinions here on the board on the design itself, but at this point, I've decided I like the style & versatility of the jacket (though I can't imagine wearing it very often --if ever -- with that faux-sweater actually zipped in).

I've seen it only once in person, but I found out that it is on sale at a few locations now for ~$900-ish. I think it's potentially worth it if it's canvased, but there's absolutely no way I'm paying that much for a fused sports coat. Unfortunately, I can't get my hands on the jacket to check myself, and now I'm not even sure if it's regular Corneliani mainline or Corneliani ID.

On other threads, I've seen it said that Corneliani main line is canvased and that Trend and CC lines are fused (which matches my own experience w/ Corneliani). But I've gotten conflicting info on Corneliani ID. On the Corneliani website, "Corneliani ID" is listed as a subset of their mainline Corneliani clothes, and the price point seems to be comparable to mainline Corneliani.

Two questions:
1) Does anyone know if this sport coat is Corneliani mainline or Corneliani ID?
2) If it is ID, does anyone know if ID is canvased or fused?

If anyone can answer either of these questions with absolute certainty, I'd definitely appreciate it. Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
148 Posts
If it has a faux sweater or vest that zips out then it is part of the Corneliani ID line.

I have a few Corneliani ID jackets (2 linen, wool) and a ID suit. I am quite sure that they are not fused. I have a Trend line suit but don't wear it as much.

The ID line is great because it has the workmanship of the mainline, with the more modern cut of the Trend line. The zip out faux sweater is also a great and easy way to change the look.

The collar also usually has a throat latch and the jacket can be buttoned up all the way if it is cold. The collar can just be popped up for a more sporty look (if you are into that).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.