Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,088 Posts
Those folks do seem to enjoy their cords. The pictures lead one to believe they're having a "wale" of a good time! Now, if the Tweed community could achieve that level of organization, that might demand my more active involvement. ;)

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
This is actually midly annoying to some, myself included, this is a "hipster" organization in Park Slope, Brooklyn that meets at the Montauk Club out there and mocks real club life.

The Montauk had a fiscal crisis a few years back and had to open up to new revenue streams or die. And unfortunately this is what permeated in from the neighborhood element.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
It did seem, from the pictures, to be a fairly sloppy group with limited experience in proper grooming or ironing skills. As referenced by the scruffy haired gentleman on the left with his wrinkly shirt untucked. Check out the other pictures if you want a bit more proof. It seems very far from trad except for the enjoyment for corduroy!

·
Registered
39 Posts
It's hipster irony. They probably drink PBR from the can and wear polyester bowling shirts on other nights and think it's all funny. Someday they'll grow up and realize what concepts like "cool" and "classic" and "style" really mean.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I drink PBR from a can in an unironic manner. It's mind-blowingly cheap here and certainly better than the comparably-priced alternatives.

There is a bar in Athens, GA which carries an elusive beast known as PBR Light (in bottles). The stuff is quite good actually (this from a former homebrewer and beer afficionado). Just because I know what good beer is doesn't mean that I want to drink a bunch of Dogfish Head 90 Minutes while tailgating.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
It's hipster irony. They probably drink PBR from the can and wear polyester bowling shirts on other nights and think it's all funny. Someday they'll grow up and realize what concepts like "cool" and "classic" and "style" really mean.
I refuse to drink PBR so I'm not confused for a wannabe hipster, I'll stick w/ my now unpopular Rolling Rock ;)

Brian

·
Registered
207 Posts
Certainly nothing wrong with PBR. I always used to enjoy trying to conjure up a game to play using the playing card numbers/suits on the bottle-caps' undersides. Unfortunately, by the time one accumulated enough caps to form a 'hand,' one inevitably lost interest. Tasty stuff, nevertheless.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.