Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Do any of you guys actually own any shell cordovan shoes? Of course shell wrinkles -- it just wrinkles differently than calf. Shell wrinkles like a sharpee dog, while calf wrinkles like crow's feet around the eyes.

Not even Bill First could diagnose those shoes from those godawful pics. It could go either way. Some of them look like shell, some don't. Whatever. Bid like you're going to anyway and suffer your buyer's remorse like the rest of us.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Ok folks, I've been having fun here. Of course shell does wrinkle, just differently. Well said. Fop.
To the OP. I own many pairs of shell cordovan in most colors and calfskin.

Most here who own shell cordovan can easily identify that these shoes have the fine lines of calf or cowhide. The pictures are clear enough to identify that.
If the shoes were new and the leather not flexed it would be difficult to tell.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
If it is really shell is should say "Horween" inside. These pictures are not really good enough to say if it does, or not...

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Do any of you guys actually own any shell cordovan shoes? Of course shell wrinkles -- it just wrinkles differently than calf. Shell wrinkles like a sharpee dog, while calf wrinkles like crow's feet around the eyes.

Not even Bill First could diagnose those shoes from those godawful pics. It could go either way. Some of them look like shell, some don't. Whatever. Bid like you're going to anyway and suffer your buyer's remorse like the rest of us.
The way the light is reflecting off the vamp in the picture I posted above seems to indicate a fair amount of creasing. (As a side note, I imagine when people said "wrinkles" what they meant was "creases." I doubt anybody actually thinks shell stays perfectly smooth.)

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
If it is really shell is should say "Horween" inside. These pictures are not really good enough to say if it does, or not...
I believe that only unlined shell shoes (like C&J Hahvahd) would show the Horween mark on the inside of the shell.

The way the light is reflecting off the vamp in the picture I posted above seems to indicate a fair amount of creasing. (As a side note, I imagine when people said "wrinkles" what they meant was "creases." I doubt anybody actually thinks shell stays perfectly smooth.)
I concur here.

·
Registered
296 Posts

Yes 13 pairs. Shell wrinkles differently

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.