Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
5,808 Posts
rebel222 said:
If you are open to suggestions, the LHS is a better made loafer than the full strap by Alden. Beside the cosmetic differences (and the fact that I have a brand new pair for sale in the Trade exchange), I think the LHS is better constructed.
It's worth noting that there is a world of difference between the two lasts (i.e. the Van and Aberdeen) which is a major consideration. Also, ignoring for a moment the handsewn row of faux moccasin stitching on the toe of the LHS, I doubt there is any significant difference in the way Alden makes either shoe. In fact, I think that's one of Alden's strong points: they make all their shoes to the same construction standard.

· Registered
5,808 Posts
Let's not overlook another option: the AE which is available in shell cordovan. It has a longer vamp compared to the Alden LHS (and probably more room over the instep) which may be more desirable to some members. The only drawback is it can only be ordered from the AE website, but if you know your AE lasts then it's probably a safe enough bet.

https://img7.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mcgraw1.jpg

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.