Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been strolling down memory lane and find myself craving some of the things of my youth. On a recent visit to London I purchased some Cordings moleskin and corduroy pants including red moleskin and cinnamon cords. Both work with my navy blazers but I'd love to hear your suggestions on how to get more use out of each.

·
Registered
31 Posts
they sound well suited to fall and winter so maybe with dark heavy sweaters like the 'shaggy dog' sweater from J press.
+1. Cardigans and tweed sportcoats as well, as long as the weather's sufficiently cool.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Play up the youthful aspect; Chuck Taylors or somesuch.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Love the Cordings trousers! Red and Cinammon are ...

fantastic choices with browns, tweeds, heathers.

Cordings is not carrying either in YELLOW this year, recommendations to find them in the same style ~ side adjusters and button fly ~ would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
136 Posts
fantastic choices with browns, tweeds, heathers.

Cordings is not carrying either in YELLOW this year, recommendations to find them in the same style ~ side adjusters and button fly ~ would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.
You should try Bookster ().

They have a good selection of fabrics - incl. yellow, and the price is reasonable.

Best regards Jeph

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wonderful suggestions all. Now to replace one or two of my old favourite Harris tweeds...

For sweaters cream was typical of my school days as was navy blue but I think it's time to branch out a bit. I have been thinking about the Liste Rouge zip neck sweaters that have the hint of contrasting color inside the collars...

If I had time I would order the blazer I have been craving for the Head of the Charles - a true sporting blazer with contrasting piping, etc. Seeing so many in catalogs and photos recently I actually decided to go with the green velvet and a pair of light grey flannel trousers.

I have been wanting to put together an outfit like Peter O'Toole's in What's Up Pussycat - green velvet odd jacket with grey trousers... Now I just need a cap in the relatively subtle large check hat he wore in the hotel and go cart chase scenes...

·
Registered
420 Posts
Thanks, but the 6 week wait is keeping me from

placing the order with Bookster. Might as well wait for the sales to start in Blighty, they'll be early this year.

Anyone know of retailers outside of Cordings, Oliver Brown or New & Lingwood who carries the heavy cord, side adjuster and button fly style trousers?

Regards.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
:confused:...hmmm...:icon_scratch: I'm assuming DeGeneres? I mostly just do this-->:icon_study:
I've always thought she had a very interesting style of dress - she makes no secret of her orientation, so she adds masculine components without the irony (or elegance) of Marlene Dietrich and Katherine Hepburn.

She's casual without being sloppy, and willing to poke fun at herself.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.