Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, wasn't able to describe completely what I would like to do in the title. I recently bought a Filson Field Satchel and absolutely love pretty much everything about the briefcase. The only thing I dislike is that everytime I want to open the thing up I have to pull out a key to do so. Minor little detail but something I find annoying.

My question is whether there is a way to convert a briefcase from one that can only be opened with a lock and key to one that doesn't require a key at all? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Filson Field Satchel....

I also have a Filson Field Satchel, but why do you need a key to open it every time you use it? :confused: Just don't lock it. Mine opens by simply pushing the button down and it free the clasp. In fact, I don't even know where my key for the lock is.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds like a question for a locksmith.
Hmmm, I haven't thought about it might give it a try if I can't figure this out. Thanks.

I also have a Filson Field Satchel, but why do you need a key to open it every time you use it? :confused: Just don't lock it. Mine opens by simply pushing the button down and it free the clasp. In fact, I don't even know where my key for the lock is.
Well, if that turns out to be the case I'm going to feel like a real clown. I guess I could not use a key if I just used the side straps to strap the lid down and didn't do anything with the clasp. However, I think it looks better with the clasp shut. I can't even clasp my Filson without a key. I have to pull out a key to open the clasp and I have to pull out a key to close the clasp.

I also don't have a button on my clasp to do what you are describing. I've tried pushing in the circle where the key goes and that doesn't work. Disappointing Friday evening as I am being outsmarted by my briefcase.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.