Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Obama leading 49% - 45% and 48% - 43% in the Quinnipiac and CBS/New York Times polls, respectivley. I really don't care for either candidate anymore, but it appears history has the chips stacked against McCain. This economic meltdown couldn't have happened at a better time for the dems.

·
Registered
520 Posts
The attack on the U.S. Embassy in Yemen got buried in the news yesterday. Now that economic news has made headlines, does that mean there will be no October surprise?

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Obama's "bounce back" is not organic. People are freaked out over the economy and that's what is driving it. Its not through his effort but forces beyond his control. The same thing can work for and against both candidates.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Reading this thread I just learned about the embassy attack.

Not on the front page of any newspaper in the midwestern Burkley - Madison.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
It's really amazing.

A two-term Republican President - with historically low ratings..

An unpopular war...

Media and Democrats advertising for the next Great Depression...

Painting the Republican candidate as virtually more of the same...

Record amounts of cash being raised/spent by the Democrats...

All that going for him... and Obama has a +1.9 advantage in the RCP Polling Data Average. Virtually a dead heat. Amazing!

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/us/general_election_mccain_vs_obama-225.html

What is wrong with Obama and his campaign?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Relayer, Jack Cafferty on CNN cleared this up yesterday. It's because America is filled with racists who won't vote for a black presidential candidate.

I think a lot of people are nervous about Obama's level of experience (cue the anti-Palin wingnuts). I also think that the historically low ratings for Congress (even lower than Bush's ratings) aren't helping. Harry Reid saying things like "nobody knows what to do" and Pelosi's attitude toward drilling, as well as some of Biden's missteps on the campaign trail haven't helped Obama either. And there is still some residual animosity from former Clinton supporters.

More than any election in my lifetime, I think that a lot of people really want to vote none of the above, and a good number of independents just haven't been ready to commit to Obama.

Also, never underestimate the Democrats' ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. They are up there with the Phillies for end of season chokes.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I believe the Democrats wanted to lose this election. They know things are going to get worse in the coming year, they know that the money isn't going to be there to fulfill any campaign promises from either side (tax cuts or new spending), so they accepted a sacrificial lamb.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Just before the opening bell this morning McCain gave, what I considered to be, a pretty good speech on his economic policy but also took liberty to skewer Obama and his links to Jim Johnson and Franklin Raines. Also pointing out that Obama is #2 in taking Fannie/Freddie money since in Congress. Obama, well he held off on comments until the situation developed further.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.