Men's Clothing Forums banner

Comfortable dress shoes for $150?

3K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  wetnose 
#1 ·
I am in need of a new pair of brown lace-ups and would like some advice. I am a veterinarian and spend almost all day on my feet so comfort is paramount. I have been wearing the inexpensive rubber soled oxfords (Dockers, Rockport, etc) but want to upgrade to something durable and can be resoled if needed. Current budget around $150. Any input appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Jedidiah

#2 ·
AE Corporate Casuals??

I have a pair of brown captoe "Corporate Casuals" by Allen Edmonds that I wear a couple of times a week. I love them and they are very comfortable, as I am on my feet 6-7 hours a day. I also have a pair of Cole Haan's with the Nike Air sole in them that are quite comfy. I got the AE's on EBay for around $100 and the Cole Haan's at a Macy's Clearance Center for $50. Good luck.

#11 ·
A sole that won't slip on wet kennel floors is priority one. My first 25 years as a small animal practitioner were spent on shoes with rubber soles ,leather uppers made for construction workers on concrete( bluchers). The past 5 years due to constant leg pain I now use custom orthotics in a shoe to fit made by Canfield, Leg pain completely gone and soles are the most slip-proof shoes I have ever had. Not cheap but I can keep on working. Hope this helps a little. Reguards Ken.

#14 ·
What really makes things comfortable is a Poron insole, a NASA invented material. They're starting to get more popular to be built into shoes now...e.g. RM Williams, Frye, Uggs and even some Allen Edmonds as well. Esp useful for someone on their feet all the time.

They're thin and fairly cheap relative to the comfort they provide - you can get them off ebay from the UK. There is a US provider too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.