Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to everyone, I am new to the forum and the site but really happy to found this great site. I am sure is life changing.

Froam a long time ago I got this big doubts about the use of brown color in a dark hair and skin person.

Following this guide found in the site:

Dark skin person with black hair

best colors:

Ivory, Tan, Blue, Green, Pink, Yellow, Violet

Colors to avoid are:

dark Gray, Blue

My doubts are: is ok brown sunglasses? should they be tan instead of brown?. Shold be grey and black sunglasses the best options.

For shoes: Is ok to use dark brown shoes or I should look for tan shoes in instead.

I always thought that brown color goes better with blonde hair, like sunglasses and leather jackets. I don´t think dark brown and black goes well, but tan brown?...like in a leather jacket with black hair.

The last thing, I apologize for all this, is just the desire to learn properly

What about navy blue and charcoal or dark grey suits for dark skin and black hair?

thanks very much for your help

best ragards

·
Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
Hello to everyone, I am new to the forum and the site but really happy to found this great site. I am sure is life changing.

Froam a long time ago I got this big doubts about the use of brown color in a dark hair and skin person.

Following this guide found in the site:

Dark skin person with black hair

best colors:

Ivory, Tan, Blue, Green, Pink, Yellow, Violet

Colors to avoid are:

dark Gray, Blue

My doubts are: is ok brown sunglasses? should they be tan instead of brown?. Shold be grey and black sunglasses the best options.

For shoes: Is ok to use dark brown shoes or I should look for tan shoes in instead.

I always thought that brown color goes better with blonde hair, like sunglasses and leather jackets. I don´t think dark brown and black goes well, but tan brown?...like in a leather jacket with black hair.

The last thing, I apologize for all this, is just the desire to learn properly

What about navy blue and charcoal or dark grey suits for dark skin and black hair?

thanks very much for your help

best ragards
Well, I must disagree that blue and gray are unflattering for a gentleman with dark hair and skin, since that was my coloring when younger. But of course, that depends upon what one means by dark hair and skin. As a young man, I had an olive complexion and close to black hair. I notice you reside in Spain, and what I've just described is very common among Spaniards, if it applies to you, I think you'll find that just about any shade of blue is very becoming, and most shades of gray will work as well.

I had the added advantage of my hair turning gray by the time I was 30, and my complexion has become more ruddy. That opened up a lot of colors that were initially unflattering, particularly greens, including olive.

Browns tend to be very problematic for men with my coloring. But brown can also describe a lot of different colors. Brown can have red, violet, yellow and orange as a prominent part of the color. These additions tend to enrich it, and some of these colors can be very desirable for gents with typical southern European coloring.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Does anybody else see the problem with wearing tan sunglasses? Sunglasses are a functional accessory, or should be, at least. So, naturally, one wants the darkest colors to block the sun and hide one's eyes. Designer style sunglasses have light lenses clearly for the intent of aesthetics. Lighter shades block less sun and reveal more of one's eyes. Tan, depending on the shade, could defeat the purpose of sunglasses in the first place

·
Super Moderator
27,866 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Sunglasses are a functional accessory, or should be, at least. So, naturally, one wants the darkest colors to block the sun and hide one's eyes. Designer style sunglasses have light lenses clearly for the intent of aesthetics. Lighter shades block less sun and reveal more of one's eyes. Tan, depending on the shade, could defeat the purpose of sunglasses in the first place
Many things are functional (clothing, watches, hats, etc.) but that doesn't mean style isn't a concern. Functionally, the darkest sunglasses may be too dark for, say, a cloudy day. Nevertheless, UV penetrates clouds (UV is thought to cause some cataracts), so it may be ideal to wear a lighter shade of eye protection. Socially, people are sometimes off-put when they can't see the eyes of the person they are talking to. If you wish to hold a conversation with your glasses, you may want a lighter shade to put people at ease. Unless you are a law enforcement officer, then get mirrored shades so they don't know where you're looking!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.