Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Versus New York pricing, would it be better to send them directly to Alden? If it were AE, it would be a hands-down "yes." I have yet to use Alden's recrafting service, but I would bet it is excellent. Why cast a great shoe into unknown waters? Here in NJ, our local shoe repair industry has all but dried up. Bill

·
Registered
601 Posts
The guy near the Southwest corner of Essex and Grand. He is in a little storefront, two or three doors west of the corner, with a little sandwich board outside that says shoe repair. He is something like a third generation shoemaker - Russian or Bukharan. His name escapes me at the moment. Make sure you tell him you want the soles stitched back on, not glued (if that is what you want) - I think he will send them to his brother for that part.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Try Moulded Shoe Inc. @ 10 East 39th St. between Madison and Fifth Avenues. 212 683-9389. They sell Alden shoes and have a workshop to resole to Alden specs. Cheaper and quicker than factory resole if you want another option.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.