Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
You don't list your locale, but in any RC (Or other denomination!) church I've been to, dress is hyper-casual. A stroller!? Really!?!? Obviously, you've already received God's blessing since you can carry off that attire at services.

As other members have noted, as you like to dress up, (I do too!) a dark lounge suit will be more than adequate for the occasion, yet not place you beyond the pale sartorially.

· Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
Thank you for the replies gentlemen; I will consider a suit then.

I guess I have trouble with wearing a suit and tie for such an event because that's what I would wear to a regular mass. It seems odd to me to dress no more formally for my baptism than I would for a regular observance. To me that would be like wearing a regular suit I wear for business day to day to my daytime wedding. If the manner in which we dress signifies the importance we place on the event, how does dressing the same for a special event as we do for a regular event make any sense?

Also, for those who mentioned it, there will not be full immersion.
I think you may be confusing formality with significance. Formality of dress pertains to social conventions, not religious or personal significance.

After all, what were you wearing when God welcomed you into this world? ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.