Men's Clothing Forums banner

Clothing bags?

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  jamgood 
#1 ·
As I´m not sure about what the proper English term for what I´m searching for is, I had better describe it:
I need protective clothing bags for coats and suits, each holding just one item. The ones I have got are made of plastic and the zippers don´t last. I have been told that plastic is not the best material for these things, if you care for your clothes.

Does anyone here know where to find these (clothing bags) in a good quality and preferably also in different sizes?

#6 ·
to second, defiantly avoid the plastic ones, and anything that is dyed in color as well. This will not allow the fabric to breathe, and if the bag is poorly dyed you can possibly get some bleed through with time, and humidity. Also, try not to pack things in too closely when your storing them is possible, again so there is an air inter flow between and through items helping them to stay fresh, and reduces the chances of any mold or anything else growing on your clothes.

#8 ·
Y'all got Val-Marts up there in Hamletland? LIDL?

Wal-Mart, stop that snickerin'!, sells garment bags in suit and dress lengths with white non-woven ventilation backs and expansion side gussets and clear plastic (for easy identification) full center zip fronts @ $1.97 each, stateside. Edges are bound with sewn plastic tape. Suitable for individual garment hanging in a closet, not travel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.