Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Closet space is a familiar problem to most of you I'm sure. Normally I hang all of my wool trousers by the cuff. But now I only hang one pair at a time after use to get them back in shape - and then I fold them once length wise and they go into a large drawer.

Anyone else do this?

Am I risking damaging the material if some pairs don't get used in a given season, and thus are not moved, perhaps causing an unwonted horizontal crease lol?

·
Registered
653 Posts
I don't think you'll ruin the material but you will likely have a light horizontal crease from the fold based on my experience. I fold my chinos and put them in a large drawer and they always have a light crease which disappears while wearing the pants.

A better solution to getting rid of that crease is to use an electric pant press like this.
Sleeve Handle Gas Kitchen appliance accessory Event

Plug it in, set the timer, and wake up to warm freshly pressed pants with no wrinkles. I love the one I have. You can probably pick up a used one quite cheaply on your local internet classifieds such as Craigslist.

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
Since much of my dresser space is folded shirts, I use under the bed bags for out of season stuff. It’s mostly cotton pants (corduroy), but I’ve never had any problems with the few pairs of wool pants I’ve stored that way

·
Registered
93 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.