Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Site Creator
13,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received two neckties from www.clichemens.com that are outstanding. And I'm not going to mention the price until the very end (do not look!!). They named the company Cliché meaning "a person or character whose behavior is predictable", since they started with the belief that it should be predictable for a man to be well dressed and that the proper necktie and pocket square can make all the difference.

I got these two:
Gold Rectangle Motif Body jewelry Art

Plant Rectangle Art Wood Font

The photos and my description will not accurately come close to describing the depth of the pattern of the silk in these neckties. They are 100% silk handmade neckwear with unique designs and vibrant colors.

They sell the neckties included with a matching pocket square !!! And I know they understand that's a faux pas to wear both at the same time (I told them!! :icon_smile_big:) the silk is so exceptional that if you like the pattern on the neck tie you're going to like the pattern on the pocket square - just don't wear them together!

Each tie consist of high quality woven silks which add depth and body to each design. They use a three part construction on each necktie which consists of the front blade, neck gusset, and tail.

The dimensions of each Cliché necktie is 3.75 inches across the front blade, 1.65 inches across the tail and 62 inches in length which allows the proper length when tying a larger knot such as a double Windsor.

Each tie is cut on the bias which is a 45 degree angle and allows the tie to hang straight. After the three pieces of silk fabric are sewn, they're wrapped around a high quality double brushed inner lining which is the material used to give the tie body and shape. Then they use a slip-stitch to close the back of the tie, the slip-stitch runs the length of the tie and allows it to stretch and tolerate the stress of frequent tying and untying.

Next is the bar tack - noticeable stitching at both ends that keep the two sides together. They use embroidery thread which is thicker than traditional thread and gives a long lasting hold. Last is the keeper, which holds the tail of the tie in place, not the label!

Custom orders and wholesale orders are available.

I can't wait anymore! And now the prices! Each neckwear masterpiece is sold with a matching handkerchief for only $25 and free shipping, a phenomenal deal for any man that enjoys premium quality and affordability.

One note: I had difficulty with the website navigation. Once the site loads click on "NECKWEAR" at the bottom of the page. Then on the neckwear page is an almost invisible ">" at the lower right of the page. Click on that to see the entire selection of neckties.

I'll probably wear the red one when we all meet for the August 19 AskAndy event in New York City at MiN's! Hope to see everyone in New York City!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Well, it could be that they are making little to no money to create a buzz, and if it were a crap tie, Andy would not put his reputation at stake. So if he is saying it is a good tie, I believe him. Now ties at www.tiebar.com are $15 and guys have said they are worth that price and then some, so $25 and covering a square is certainly not out of line. However, I did not see a whole lot of ties, so I would let someone else be the guinea pig before I went to that site myself.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Good morning gentlemen, yes I do believe these ties are amazing and I am the designer. I appreciate the criticism it's good to get different opinions and views of my product. While reading some of your posts I thought I would respond to some of your questions. First we aren't trying to create a buzz our ties are just $25 and will always be, I'm not buying wholesale I actually have manufacturing so I don't have to overcharge for my ties. I really believe in giving people a great product for a good price and that's exactly what we do. As far as the matching sets you would be surprised how many people requested them so we decided to offer them to our customers. Right now we have a little over 30 designs on the website we had 50 but sold out of some, we have so few designs because we don't repeat the designs once they sell out so the product is really exclusive. I love a challenge and I would be happy to send memphislawyer a tie to review for himself so he doesn't have to be a guinea pig (LOL) "I really did like that statement" and can give a review of our product.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Gentlemen, why all the negativity?

Andy received two of the ties and seemed to give a rather favorable review. No one else has had their hands on them yet, and thus, no negative reviews. I personally like the designs and intend to order a tie or two to try them out. I don't understand why people would be so negative about a product that they've never personally seen or handled and which they've never read a bad review on.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Andy was wearing the red tie last night and I literally got my hands on it. I'm not a lover of Paisley in general, but it really was a beautiful tie and warranted the praise he gave it above.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I like the red one - as for the matching square I would just bust up the pair and wear them at separate times. For this crowd its better to look at as a $25 tie with a free pocket square. Too bad I just bought 4 pocket squares from Kent Wang the other day (where's the damn mailman!).

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I like the red one - as for the matching square I would just bust up the pair and wear them at separate times. For this crowd its better to look at as a $25 tie with a free pocket square. Too bad I just bought 4 pocket squares from Kent Wang the other day (where's the damn mailman!).
That was my thought. I know Andy has worn and extolled the ties from Tiebar, and sometimes, you want luxury and sometimes, you want a good looking tie, not a lot of money and don't care who made it. Visually we can see what they look like, but texturally, or whether they hold up for "x" number of wears, that is what I was talking about. I got the first batch of viccel socks and had issues but they were replaced and then with comments, viccel expanded. That is what I was meaning by being a guinea pig.

·
Tech and Business Advice Guru
6,643 Posts
Did Andy really go with a tie and matching square? If so, you will henceforth be thought of as John Gotti's heir to the Gambinos...
No. He split them up.

These ties are amazing!
"Anonymously" shilling for your own products is transparent.

Gentlemen, why all the negativity?

Andy received two of the ties and seemed to give a rather favorable review. No one else has had their hands on them yet, and thus, no negative reviews. I personally like the designs and intend to order a tie or two to try them out. I don't understand why people would be so negative about a product that they've never personally seen or handled and which they've never read a bad review on.
Re: Price: The "handmade" claim leaves me extremely suspicious. The complete lack of origin information reinforces my suspicions.

Re: Hands on the tie: I beg to differ. I have had my hands on the wine red tie. The design of the silk is very nice. The quality of the silk is barely acceptable. The construction of the tie is terrible.

·
Site Creator
13,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Here's a photo of the Cliché necktie at the New York City event Thursday night. I do consider the price when I'm looking at a garment. And my main consideration is the silk pattern for a necktie. Both Cliché neckties are really beautiful patterns. And that's what other people see.

The silk is fine and I know that the workpersonship and the inner lining are NOT the same you'd find in a $200 necktie, but for $25 I can certainly enjoy these ties and not worry about spillage!!

And NO that is not a matching pocket square! It may look like it in the photo only because some of the colors are similar!!

And NO that is not a matching pocket square!! Althought in the photo it looks like it since some of the colors are similar.

It doesn't say on the neckties where they were made, but I'm sure the company owner, Mrtieguy, will tell us.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
I do consider the price when I'm looking at a garment. And my main consideration is the silk pattern for a necktie. Both Cliché neckties are really beautiful patterns. And that's what other people see.

The silk is fine and I know that the workpersonship and the inner lining are NOT the same you'd find in a $200 necktie, but for $25 I can certainly enjoy these ties and not worry about spillage!!
Precisely so.

·
Tech and Business Advice Guru
6,643 Posts

Here's a photo of the Cliché necktie at the New York City event Thursday night. I do consider the price when I'm looking at a garment. And my main consideration is the silk pattern for a necktie. Both Cliché neckties are really beautiful patterns. And that's what other people see.

As I said above, the silk design is extremely nice. If Mr. McPherson actually designs the silks, he has a talent for this and should consider having some of them woven in a top quality silk.

It doesn't say on the neckties where they were made, but I'm sure the company owner, Mrtieguy, will tell us.
That's strange. If these are RTW, they must by statute be labeled with country of origin.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The ties are manufactured in china, and yes I do most of the designs and all of the color selections for the ties. It is not our goal to compete with a $200 tie but for $25 you can't beat it. Cliche offers a great quality product for an affordable price and I am well aware that it's not for everyone, and that's okay I still appreciate all of the constructive comments and I take them all into consideration. We will be adding more products to the website such as non-matching pocket squares, but for those who don't like the matching square you can always wear it with something else. We will also have cufflinks and dress shirts available before the end of the year. I also sent a tie out to memphis lawyer and am looking forward to what he has to say. I am new to blogging but I really enjoy this forum because it gives me new ideas for what people are looking for. We have been in this business for two years and are still learning a lot so thank everyone for the feedback. Andy you look really nice in the tie!

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I received a red paisley tie with some light to royal blue in it. I am not able to comment as well as Mr. Kabbaz but will compare it to a Robert Talbott (not BofC or a Studio) tie that I have on.

I like the print of the tie. Will work well with a blue suit. Two tie bars on back to hold tie in place. Reminds you of any tie you might get at Macy's (Nautica, etc) or even Jos. A. Bank. The feel of it is not as luxurious as a Talbott or Zegna but this is not something you would see at Walmart either. I am going to wear it tomorrow

Mr Tieguy says it is not designed to compete with a $200 tie and well, if you have Brioni, you will not confuse this tie with it. But this tie is not all that cheap. $50, well, you might want to consider options. $25 tie, well, then you worry about too low a price and well, this tie will be worth $25 but you get a pocket square? Would be nice to have a complimentary square but hey, like he said, you can use it with some other tie.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.