Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about getting the Guildford come spring but the pictures over at Herringshoes.com don't feed my crave - could someone please post some pictures of Church's made on the 108 last?

And what's your take on the rubber sole? Good all-rounder or not so good at all?

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
108 last are very nice shoes. The broguing is very fine and so is the stiching. The last is a smart round last like EG 82 - very similar toe shape when lined up together.

The rubber sole on these is very similar to Edward Green's Thames sole and just as good. The heel top piece however is leather on the 108 Church.

My only beef with Church 108 last is that I prefered the original versions with the mid-sole to the fore which made for a thicker fore-sole - rather like an EG HAF sole. I find the new sleeker 108 last soles to be a bit thin underfoot for my liking. However for office/work wear there wouldn't be a problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.