Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to get a pair of shoes for my father for Christmas, currently he wears the same pair of Prada ox-bloods to work everyday and a pair of Mephisto venetians (or whatever you call loafers with a plain vamp (I believe this is the correct term, correct me if not) on the weekends. Clearly he needs more shoes, and of better quality. I was wondering what a good pair of shoes are which he could wear to work and on weekends for $400 or below?

From the Quick Questions Forum, I felt it deserved its own thread.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I'd like to get a pair of shoes for my father for Christmas, currently he wears the same pair of Prada ox-bloods to work everyday and a pair of Mephisto venetians (or whatever you call loafers with a plain vamp (I believe this is the correct term, correct me if not) on the weekends. Clearly he needs more shoes, and of better quality. I was wondering what a good pair of shoes are which he could wear to work and on weekends for $400 or below?

From the Quick Questions Forum, I felt it deserved its own thread.
Either Alden or Allen-Edmonds shoes. You will probably find more in your price range with A-E.

Also, don't forget the cedar shoe trees. :icon_smile:

Merry Christmas.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If he takes good care of them, a pair of shell cordovan shoes should last the rest of his life.
Alright, that settles it, I'll get him the 986. One more thing, he tends to wear Zegna and Corneliani and that sort of thing (in English patterns however (big checks and a few pinstripes, with BB shirts), do you think the #8 color would go with that?

Also, on weekends he dresses semi-trad, button down's (broadcloth *sigh*), shetland sweaters and chinos.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.