Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! It's a first time when I'm choosing myself a coat. So I want to clarify some things before I spend some $ on it.

1) What is the difference between cheap and expensive coats?

I know it's quality but in what terms?

2) What is the minimum price I should look at when searching for a good coat?

3) Can I wear coats during the rain or is it a bad idea?

4) Should I buy coats from Massimo Dutti stores since it belongs to ZARA and I heard that I should avoid ZARA because of low quality?

5) What should I look at when choosing a coat?

6) What are the good brands? Are Tommy Hilfiger coats any good?

About myself: I'm living in Latvia. During the winter temperature here ranges from 0 to -20° (Celsium). Most of the time it is from 0 to -5° though. There is only one or two weeks when it's colder. But there is high humidity though so those -5° are bit colder than same -5° in other countries. Most of the time it's raining. Today it was +1° and raining.

Maybe this info can help you to give me some advices, I don't know.

·
Registered
6,593 Posts
Freezing to sub zero temps. A fair number of wet, cold rainy days?

You need something warm, long, and water resistant. That's already been figured out in the Tyrolian Alps. A Loden coat preferably with a zip out liner for extra warmth.

Welcome to the world of Cordings of Piccadilly.

Clothing Outerwear Sleeve Collar Grey

·
Registered
118 Posts
I would suupose Massimo Dutti is at least 2 levels above mainline Zara. So oit is quite acceptable and may be obtained for a decent amount of money on sale they usually have in stores in winter.
I personally would also consider Tommy way overpiced for its quality and style.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.