Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always enjoyed the novelty ties put out by Chipp that show up on ebay from time to time.

This one is a bit unusual. Clock, beer, woman, toilet? Maybe Mr. Winston or another forum member could let me in on the joke. Is this a list of man's priorities? An ode to happy hour? I am sure I am overlooking something obvious.

·
Registered
379 Posts
The fact that the clock is at 3:55 says a lot - that's 5 minutes before closing time in NYC bars. Spilled beers, toilets, and semi-topless women generally crop up at about that time.

·
Vendor
1,738 Posts
The tie is titled "The Baseball Score". The score is 5 to 4 ( The time on the clock), bottom of the 5th ( the 1/5 whiskey bottle is on its side and now empty), one out ( one breast is exposed) and no one on ( no one on the toilette). We still have some of our novelty ties in stock. All are invited to stop up and see them ( 11 East 44th St #501 ) or call and chat about which ties are available ( 212 687-0850). Today our tie company ( Chipp2) makes ties for companies, clubs, and schools. Those ties are purchased by those organizations at wholesale prices. I copy write my designs and thought I would get rich going after the "big" tie companies who would copy them. No one,to my knowledge, ever has. Another example of how we are all, to different degrees, egotistical.
Paul Winston
www.chipp2.com

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The tie is titled "The Baseball Score". The score is 5 to 4 ( The time on the clock), bottom of the 5th ( the 1/5 whiskey bottle is on its side and now empty), one out ( one breast is exposed) and no one on ( no one on the toilette). We still have some of our novelty ties in stock. All are invited to stop up and see them ( 11 East 44th St #501 ) or call and chat about which ties are available ( 212 687-0850). Today our tie company ( Chipp2) makes ties for companies, clubs, and schools. Those ties are purchased by those organizations at wholesale prices. I copy write my designs and thought I would get rich going after the "big" tie companies who would copy them. No one,to my knowledge, ever has. Another example of how we are all, to different degrees, egotistical.
Paul Winston
www.chipp2.com
Thanks for the response. I never would have figured it out.

I hope that a baseball fan bought and enjoys the tie.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.