1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Leg Wood Floor Flooring Beige
Footwear Leg Dress shirt Neck Sleeve
Joint Shoulder Leg Neck Sleeve
Footwear Brown Shoe Leg Wood
I recently took my Brooks Brothers Advantage chinos to the tailor, as they were a bit baggier above the knee than what I'm used to. The tailor said he would taper it an inch. The leg opening was I believe 7.25", and now it is 6.25" which is smaller than any other chinos or jeans I've worn. Does this look too skinny or slim for my body type and/ or shoes? I don't have a picture of how it fit before tailoring. Also, is it possible to have my tailor let it back out below the knee only or is that not ideal for dress chinos? Sorry for the poor lighting. Thank you.

· Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,088 Posts
Those legs are so extremely tapered that they cannot rest properly on the tops of your shoes, instead looking like a pair of high water peggers hung up on your knees. That, to my eye, is not a good look. Sorry.:(

· Registered
529 Posts
I'm a 33 waist, and feel that my ideal leg opening is just under 8 inches for chinos. The leg opening was likely fine before they were tapered.

I think you'd be better off finding another brand of chinos that are a better fit for you above the knee, without needing alterations.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.