Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would post my impressions here too....

https://www.tuttlecatalog.com/store/C...ess2183c?Args=

Got a pair in the mail today. I wanted a pair of black captoes but didn't want to drop $325 for a brand new pair of first quality Park Aves (even though I love my brown Park Aves) so I thought I'd try these.

These are calf leather, not the corrected grain leather used on some of the lower end Cheaneys. Overall I do not like them quite as much as Park Ave's but they are pretty nice. The front of the shoe is a a little wider than Park Ave's but the back portion of the shoe is sleek and conforms to the foot. Works well for my odd shaped feet, I think. They are good year welted with full leather soles and a 1/4 rubber piece on the heel (you can see heel nails). They come with cloth shoe bags but no shoe trees.

For sizing, the sizes listed on the Tuttle website are the converted American size. I ordered my usual 8.5, but inside the shoe there is a stamp that says 7.5 F - that's the British size.

·
Registered
5,808 Posts
I'm glad you like the shoes, and got them at a great price too. I just purchased a pair of Cheaney longwing brogues (posted here) and I'm delighted with them. For those of us who can't quite swing for the more expensive British brands, Cheaney is a fine choice for traditional, classic British footwear.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think Tuttle is giving free shipping right now on orders of $150 or more. If the site won't give you discount online, call them.

There is also a Cheaney loafer and chukka boot on sale. I would assume those are the same quality as the captoe.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wore them for the first time today. They will definitely need some breaking in, just like AEs. Overall I think the last is pretty comfortable but I suppose that depends on your foot shape. One thing: the soles are very slippery at first until they get scuffed a little bit due to the brown stain/paint on the bottom.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.