Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Of CT's four fits, there are two fits that are smaller than "Slim". These days you can usually expect items labelled "Slim" to be a larger fit because people like seeing that label that on their clothes. If there are two fit options, you'll often see "Slim" and "Extra Slim". People no longer want to buy something that says "Classic Fit".

·
Registered
87 Posts
CT's slim is anything but. I have no problem with a comfortably sized shirt (Slim to me doesn't mean Italian razor-close slim) but I wrote off CT's slims because of the armholes and weirdly oversized waist. Armholes were absolutely enormous and while the shirt fit ok through the chest, the waist was weirdly billowy.
I haven't tried their Extra Slim yet. I feel too bad about ordering shirts from them and then having to take advantage of their very generous return policies, pretty much every time.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
CT's slim is anything but. I have no problem with a comfortably sized shirt (Slim to me doesn't mean Italian razor-close slim) but I wrote off CT's slims because of the armholes and weirdly oversized waist. Armholes were absolutely enormous and while the shirt fit ok through the chest, the waist was weirdly billowy.
I haven't tried their Extra Slim yet. I feel too bad about ordering shirts from them and then having to take advantage of their very generous return policies, pretty much every time.
I tried on all their fits and always found the armholes too large. They angle the sleeves too far downward so the sleeves look clean when your arms are at your sides. This necessities large armholes. It also limits mobility, even in a full cut, and causes the sleeves to ride up considerably with any arm movement. It's a very poor design that plagues all their shirt fits.

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
I tried on all their fits and always found the armholes too large. They angle the sleeves too far downward so the sleeves look clean when your arms are at your sides. This necessities large armholes. It also limits mobility, even in a full cut, and causes the sleeves to ride up considerably with any arm movement. It's a very poor design that plagues all their shirt fits.
This is my exact experience with the CT Slim Fit shirts.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
I’m 6’, 250 lbs, 46/48 jacket, 38/40 trousers.

In Brooks I wear a slim fit. The two larger cuts give me that billowy look I associate with Dilbert.

Which is to say - Slim might be slimmer than some but it’s not necessarily slim.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.