Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
Olive, tans (especially the darker "British" tans), taupe, most shades of gray.

Yellow is a classic ocbd shade, looks good with earthtoned tweed jackets and burgundy ties.

BB oxfords in yellow are the ones I like best.

Chamois is paler, somewhere between yellow and tan or cream, and can be worn as above.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I am wearing one now (J. Press yellow OCBD w/ pocket flap). Yellow is a pretty neutral color, and goes with khakis, olive-colored chinos and jeans, among other trousers. I've never worn it with a suit and tie, but I can imagine that it would work if done properly.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I am wearing one now (J. Press yellow OCBD w/ pocket flap). Yellow is a pretty neutral color, and goes with khakis, olive-colored chinos and jeans, among other trousers. I've never worn it with a suit and tie, but I can imagine that it would work if done properly.
I have; it does.

(Visualize navy or charcoal suit, BB yelow OCBD, and any one of a number of traditional repp-striped mainstays--Bde of Guards, both versions of Argyll & Sutherland, Old Downside, etc...also works wonders with summer poplin suitings, especially olive & navy)

Enjoy the weekend.:icon_smile:

hbs

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
Olive, tans (especially the darker "British" tans), taupe, most shades of gray.

Yellow is a classic ocbd shade, looks good with earthtoned tweed jackets and burgundy ties.

BB oxfords in yellow are the ones I like best.

Chamois is paler, somewhere between yellow and tan or cream, and can be worn as above.
As usual, PJC is correct. I particularly like the british khaki Bills with a yellow Brooks OCBD.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.