Men's Clothing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little introduction first: I'm nineteen years old, a freshman in college, and just started discovering the wonders of good clothes last year. Still... I have a lot to learn.

Now, my best friend is a twenty-two year old straight male whose idea of dressing up is wearing an undershirt with his tee. His favorite outfit is an *old* teal tee, with denim shorts, black Treadsafe work shoes, and white socks. It's almost painful being seen in public with him sometimes. Anyways, he's going on a near-blind date this weekend, and after a bit of reflection, he's taken the wise course of asking someone else to pick out his outfit for the night. I'm heading shopping with him this Thursday, and I need a little advice on what might be best for him.

A few caveats:
-He has *nothing* usable in his current wardrobe. Only tees and jeans. He doesn't even own a pair of shoes besides his work shoes.
-Budget is small, since we work near-minimum wage jobs. We'd like to stick to about the $100 range.
-He won't wear it unless it is comfortable, and relatively conservative.
-We both live in Florida, so if he wants to reuse the outfit, it'll need to be tailored for our warm, humid environment. Having it fit 'Florida' style would be a plus.
-Style for the date would be just a half-step up from casual.

He wears large shirts, 34 waist size, has a bit of paunch. Has big, thick glasses (has an eye condition, he can't wear contacts unfortunately) and short, slightly curly, black hair. One possibility I considered that's popular among students on my campus right now is light colored, button-up shirt with khaki pants and sandals. Relatively cheap, but unfortunately, I don't think the look would work with his hair color...

Thanks in advance for any help!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.