Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone at work asked for a shop to get some quality casual trousers, I suggested to get unfinished trousers and then getting them altered. The discussion went further into the leg length.

Almost all of my trousers, jeans and chinos are tailored to a similar length; but the former sitting lower. Although two of my casual spring/summer trousers sit a bit higher, they meet with the shoe so you can see a bit sock; not Thom Browne length, they are too high.

How you wear your casual trousers, spring-summer, autumn-winter or both?

·
Site Creator
11,759 Posts
Someone at work asked for a shop to get some quality casual trousers, I suggested to get unfinished trousers and then getting them altered. The discussion went further into the leg length.

Almost all of my trousers, jeans and chinos are tailored to a similar length; but the former sitting lower. Although two of my casual spring/summer trousers sit a bit higher, they meet with the shoe so you can see a bit sock; not Thom Browne length, they are too high.

How you wear your casual trousers, spring-summer, autumn-winter or both?
ToryBoy:

Same as my dress trousers (maybe slightly higher): straight across starting at the top of the heel in the back. Trousers (even casual) should be long enough to cover your socks when you walk.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Flat fronts have ....

a slight break with trouser bottom slightly tapered so they are longer in rear, no cuffs. Pleated trousers have a medium break with bottom slightly tapered to rear, no cuffs. All cotton trousers are flat front and about half wool trousers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.