Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking for a jacket that is very versatile and also on the casual side. I'm looking for something that would go well with denim nice dark wash denim and an oxford or a polo shirt for the spring or fall.

·
Read Only
2,318 Posts
Safari jacket!

Abercrombie & Fitch and Tag Safari are good sources that are relatively cheap. I can personally vouch for them. A&F fits more snug overall, shoulders/sleeves especially, Tag is more of a loose fit and I think looks better for layering.

Field jackets(M65 and variants) are another option. You can find them made by various companies, such as J. Crew. I got mine from GAP.

The Armoury generally has nice outerwear that would fit into what you're looking for, and is also ludicrously priced.

Lopez Aragon also carries Teba Jackets if you want to check them out.

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,088 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion! Any good places where I can try them on in person rather than just purchasing online? I know J crew used to have them, but not anymore
My most recent G9 purchases were from www.oconnellsclothing.com. The proprietors are very easy to deal with. As for local, brick and mortar sources, I too am at a loss. :(

·
Registered
47 Posts
My vote goes for the Harrington jacket and the quilted jacket for casual wear that is versatile. I recently got a Harrington jacket in tan from Campbell Coopers in England but an still looking for a green quilted jacket in my size.

·
Registered
269 Posts
+1!

Like this -

Edit: Not the real deal, but not bad, and not an awful price. Only problem is that at the moment they have only two colors available, but I suspect they will add more as the season progresses.
It's a reasonably nice knock off though. I saw some of the Barracudas on eBay a few months ago, at full price

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.